A 1990 graduate of the University of North Carolina School of Law, Julie Risher’s legal career includes four years as general counsel and risk manager for a state university and 14 years as a police attorney in two cities.
Her practice areas include employment law and education law (including Title IX, FERPA and wrongful termination/tenure denial challenges). A certified mediator, Julie also has substantial experience in risk management and mitigation and policy development.
Her appointments include:
- General Counsel, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- Police Attorney for the cities of Winston-Salem and Durham, North Carolina
- Assistant Attorney General for the State of North Carolina
- Associate, Wishart Norris Henninger and Pittman
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Willis P. Whichard, Supreme Court of North Carolina